Posts Tagged ‘bees’
QUEEN OF THE SUN opens today at Cinema Village in New York City! Don’t miss the 7 PM screenings during opening weekend with special Q&As by Director Taggart Siegel. The week is also packed with a line-up of great organizations that will be at the screenings for Q&As and introductions ranging from New York League of Conservation Voters and Manhattan Green Party to Audubon Society, Green Thumb NYC, Slow Food NYC, Grow NYC and many more! If you live in the city, be sure to make it out this week to see the film.
What the press is saying about QUEEN OF THE SUN:
“…Siegel buzzes around the globe and deep into the hive… Honey has never looked so delicious. Or so precious.”
- Jeannette Catsoulis, The New York Times, Critic’s Pick
-New York Daily News
- The New York Post
“…to nature’s underappreciated pollinators — whose existence has come under threat…making a sunny and optimistic case for why the world is worth saving, via gorgeous imagery and poetic appreciations of the bees themselves. “
- Ian Buckwalter, NPR.org
“RICH, ELEGANT, EDIFYING.”
“One of the most beautifully filmed documentaries that I’ve ever seen.”
-Hollywood Report Card
“…a lovely balance between scientific explanation and emotional advocacy…rich subject matter and persuasive presentation make this visually appealing nature documentary worth buzzing about.”
- David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
“Visually sumptuous…lovingly shot, near-psychedelic imagery, which serves as an unusually visceral reminder of the rich variety in nature—and what’s at stake if bees bug out for good.”
- Village Voice
“INSPIRING… ONE OF THE BEST FILMS OF 2011.”
- Spirituality and Practice
“The film wows us with its objects of study at work that it creates a sensual awareness of our primary relationship with the bees.”
“MUST-SEE FILM… LIKELY THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENTARY OF THE YEAR.”
QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are the Bees Telling Us? is in theaters now! Over 50 Cities are booked for March – June.
Additionally we are opening across New Zealand during the month of April.
A schedule of U.S. cities can be found below.
- Opens MAR 25 : SAN FRANCISCO, CA / LARKSPUR, CA /
- Opens MAR 25 : PORTLAND, ME / COLUMBIA, SC / NEVADA CITY, CA
- Opens MAR 28 : MILWAUKEE, WI / ALBUQUERQUE, NM
- Opens MAR 30 : PAONIA, CO
- Opens APR 8 : BERKELEY, CA / SANTA ROSA, CA / CONCORD, NH
- Opens APR 9 : BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, WA
- Opens APR 14 : NEWPORT, RI
- Opens APR 16 : ROSENDALE, NY
- Opens EARTH DAY – APR 22 : PORTLAND, OR / ASTORIA, OR / SALEM, OR / EUGENE, OR / ASHLAND, OR
- Opens EARTH DAY – APR 22 : SANTA FE, NM / ITHACA, NY / BIRMINGHAM, MI
- Opens APR 23 : BRUNSWICK, ME
- Opens APR 26 : ANN ARBOR, MI
- Opens APR 27 : TUCSON, AZ
- Opens APR 29 : CHICAGO, IL / MADISON, WI / HARTFORD, CT
- Opens MAY 4 : AMHERST, MA
- Opens MAY 6 : PHOENIXVILLE, PA / LANSDOWNE, PA
- Opens MAY 8 : AUSTIN, TX
- Opens MAY 11: UTICA, NY
- Opens MAY 13 : LINCOLN, NE
- Opens MAY 15: CUPERTINO, CA
- Opens MAY 17 : HONOLULU, HI
- Opens MAY 20: HELENA, MT
- Opens MAY 21: PITTSBURGH, PA
- Opens MAY 26 : PLEASANTVILLE, NY
- Opens JUNE 10: MANHATTAN, NYC
Recommend a theater to us HERE.
Thanks to all of you, we are expanding to new theaters every week!
No theatrical bookings in your area? Check our screening page for special one-night events that may be happening near you.
QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are the Bees Telling Us? has been officially selected for the IDFA Green Screen Documentary Competition!
IDFA (International Documentary FIlm Festival Amsterdam) is a prestigious film festival that takes places yearly to celebrate some of the best documentary films by acclaimed filmmakers from around the world. Previous selections include the oscar-winning The Cove and award-winning documentaries Last Train Home, Burma VJ and RIP: A Remix Manifesto. IDFA attracts distributors, TV broadcasters, industry and press from around the world for nearly two weeks and provides a true platform to bring documentaries into global spotlight.
IDFA runs from Nov. 17 – 28. Click here for our screening times.